Friday 3 June 2011

Fashion Design Practise







The project was based on choosing and predicting a trend for the upcoming years and seasons, whilst also relating the chosen trend to a social issue. The shirt and trouser was to be manufactured as though you were designing and manufacturing for a brand or company...also of own choice.
I chose to base my work upon the work of Timo Weiland, the trend was based upon the 'California Dream'. This trend was linked to such social issues as Student Tuition Fees increasing and also the major rise in popularity of such American television series as 90210 and Glee.


This project had such a crazy and hectic deadline turnaround for the design process and manufacturing of a Shirt and a pair of Trousers.
But in all honesty...I had surprised myself by actually enjoying doing this project.
It was so nice to chill at home and just relax with getting on with the work needed to be done. Just me and my sewing machine and the music blasting through the speakers!
Was actually really proud of myself for being ahead of time for once! The shirt and trouser came out to be a success a product of work and achievement to be proud of!
I absolutely loved producing the boards! Photoshop is my best buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment